MetrixStrength clients gain life-enhancing total body strength in just two twenty-minute workouts each week.
Muscle health is increasingly recognized as a critical component of overall health. Simply put, muscles will atrophy if they're not used, and cardio endurance exercise does virtually nothing to build or restore lean muscle. People who focus on aerobic workouts are missing out on a key component of overall health and fitness.
MetrixStrength is the ideal program for those who value their time and their muscle health. Research shows that the healthiest muscles are those that have been worked, stressed and pushed to their limit. A MetrixStrength session consists of twenty minutes of muscle-challenge, with very measurable results, accompanied by benefits, including:
- Increased lean muscle mass
- Improved balance and flexibility
- Increased bone density-an important element in reducing risk of osteoporosis
- Reduced cholesterol
- Reduced blood pressure
- A more compact body
- Improved feeling of wellbeing
Here's what makes MetrixStrength a unique strength training program:
- The program is supervised by a licensed Physical Therapist
- Clients work one-on-one with a Certified MetrixStrength trainer who ensures that each session is conducted in a manner that ensures maximum benefit-and maximum safety
- Each client session takes twenty minutes to complete; clients need not work out more than two times each week
- Clients can work out in street clothes (the MetrixStrength studio is maintained at a constant 61 degree temperature)
- Clients concentrate on working the largest muscle groups with compound resistance movements in order to achieve a total body workout in a minimum amount of time
- Can I really get lasting results from just 20 minutes of exercise?
Yes. Research shows that slow cadence, high-intensity weight training programs like MetrixStrength create healthy muscles because participants' muscles have been worked, stressed and pushed to their limit. As a high-intensity weight training program, MetrixStrength generates muscle growth and strength increases through abbreviated, high intensity training sessions.
MetrixStrength delivers results because it is high-efficiency exercise punctuated by intervals of muscle rest, which allows muscles to grow.
It's not necessary to spend hours in a gym with weight machines and weight equipment in order to increase muscle strength and endurance.
- Are there any research studies that support MetrixStrength training?
Absolutely! For a complete bibliography of clinical studies that support high intensity, slow controlled movement strength training programs like MetrixStrength please click here.
- I want to tone my body-will MetrixStrength help me accomplish that?
Yes. Most people want to lose fat and tone and firm their bodies. The best way to do that is to engage in resistance training to train large muscle groups through compound movement. Generally, muscle tone accrues from lifting heavy weights.
MetrixStrength clients have commented that their bodies feel more compact, more firm, and generally more solid.
- Why would MetrixStrength be better than just working out with weights at the gym?
Programs like MetrixStrength are designed to safely allow a participant to push muscle groups to failure. When muscles are pushed to failure, they respond by growing additional muscle fiber, which is capable of doing more work.
It is virtually impossible for someone to safely push muscles to failure without a workout partner. Certified MetrixStrength Trainers ensure that clients exercise safely by maintaining the cadence of weight movement, closely supervising the client to make sure that undue strain and extraneous muscle recruitment is avoided, while quietly encouraging the client to exhaust muscle group energy reserves.
- I really don't want to bulk up-will that happen if I become a MetrixStrength client?
The potential to build muscle bulk relates entirely to what gender an individual is and what's in the individual's genetic code. In general, women are much less likely to create bulky muscles because they do not have enough endogenous testosterone to stimulate bulky muscle development.
- I've gotten hurt lifting weights in the past-how do I know that won't happen this time?
Slow cadence, high-intensity weight training programs like MetrixStrength are safer than lifting free weights. Each client is closely supervised in order to make sure that they maintain form throughout the exercise and avoid "recruiting" other non-related muscles in an effort to complete the exercise. Slow movement of the weight avoids more "ballistic" movements commonly associated with free weight training which can be hard on tendons and ligaments and can cause injury.
- I've been bothered by aggravation of my knee/shoulder/back when I've lifted weights-can I see your physical therapist first?
Absolutely! Any strength training client may schedule a consult with the physical therapist at any time.
- How much does it cost to do MetrixStrength training?
Metrix offers a number of packages for clients to consider. Generally, clients purchase ten or twenty session packages. Metrix offers seasonal specials from time to time, and we do offer a special new client package that includes free sessions.
We always offer a single free Introductory Session to anyone considering MetrixStrength training. Click here to schedule a complimentary MetrixStrength session, or call our MetrixStrength studio at 847-562-9240.
- I'm interested in learning more-how can I get started?
You may call our MetrixStrength studio at 847-562-9240, or click here to request an appointment